By centralizing all of the software, management, and data into the data center, the design of the Pano Zero Clients eliminate many of the potential security issues that can plague traditional desktop PCs.
Key security benefits designed into the Pano System and Pano Remote include:
- Malware-free Endpoint - with no OS or even a processor capable of running software, the Pano Zero Client provides a completely secure endpoint that is immune to viruses and other malware.
- No Local Storage = No Stolen Data - with no local storage capabilities - not even any internal memory - data is never stored on the Zero Client, not even for an instant, eliminating security breaches and data losses from lost or stolen endpoints.
- Peripheral Lock-down - locally connected USB peripherals can be disabled to prevent users from copying confidential information.
- Encrypted Network Traffic - all keyboard traffic over the LAN is protected using industry-standard AES 128-bit encryption.
- Secured Remote Access - Pano Remote and Pano Gateway use the well established SSL encryption and the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol to securely communicate across the Internet without costly and complex VPN hardware and software. And with Pano System 6.0 you can optionally add RSA SecurID tokens and the RSA Authentication Manager to provide added security via two-factor authentication for all Pano Remote logins.
Obviously security must still be a key concern of IT staff responsible for business critical data and computing facilities. But the inherent security advantages of centralized virtual desktops, along with the capabilities engineered into the Pano Zero Client, Pano System and Pano Remote will make it a little easier for you to be even more secure.
Click here for video on Security benefits