The Pano System also offers significant green savings on a number of fronts, helping you conserve both the Earth and your capital and operating budgets.
- Lowest Endpoint Power Consumption - using no more than 6.5 watts, or about 5 percent of what an EnergyStar certified desktop PC consumes. In fact when in full use the Pano Zero Client consumes less electricity than many PCs do when turned off. And as of Pano System 4.1, idle Pano Zero Clients can drop into a sleep state that consumes less than 0.2 watts.
- Lowest Total Power Consumption - At a typical average utilization of 40% (over a 24-hour day), power used by the server and storage is only 214 watts (based on a HP DL160 G6 server) or 4.3 watts/seat. This means a single complete Pano seat (zero client, server and storage) uses only 10.8 watts – less than most thin clients use by themselves.
- Low Manufacturing/Shipping Impact - designed by Whipsaw, one of the world's leading industrial design firms, the clean and functional design of the Pano Zero Client also provides one of the smallest packaging footprints of any virtual desktop endpoint, resulting in savings on shipping, storage and waste disposal. We've even recently redesigned our packaging to minimize the amount of non-recyclable materials used.
- Long Lifespans, Longer Refreshes - And with the Pano Zero Client's lack of failure-prone moving parts that wear out, its lifespan can be far longer than a traditional PC. A Pano Zero Client that lasts for 10 years or more can potentially keep two or even three desktop PCs out of landfills, letting you instead put those funds into your core infrastructure.
- High Utilization Rates - when you need to make hardware upgrades to support growing application workloads, they are made to centralized servers shared among all users, and not out on every desktop where utilization is often at 10% or less over the life of a PC. This also eliminates the environmental impact of the electrical power and cooling needed for this largely unused PC hardware.
Click here for video on Green Computing benefits