- Buy Online or call 407-562-1868
Renowned Industrial Design Award Recognizes the 5-Watt Pano Device for Conserving Energy, Contributing to Sustainability
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – November 2, 2010 – Pano Logic, the leader in zero client desktop virtualization, announced today the ultra energy efficient Pano Device, the industry’s only true zero client for virtual desktop computing, won a major design award for energy conservation and sustainability. Whipsaw, a leading industrial design and product development firm, accepted the prestigious Green GOOD DESIGN award for its work on the Pano Device, which uses less energy than a light bulb, and dramatically reduces the energy required to power computing resources.
The Green GOOD DESIGN Award, which is sponsored by the European Center for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies and the Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design, recognizes products that symbolize sustainable design and conservation awareness. The Green GOOD DESIGN award represents the world’s most important manufacturers and design firms that are cultivating a new emphasis on a more sustainable design and environment. The awards highlight the importance of sustainable design and seek to develop public awareness about which companies are doing the best to produce sustainable product design. The award marks the second for Whipsaw and the green computing Pano Device, which in 2008 won a coveted red dot design “best of the best” award, the largest and most distinguished design competition in the world.
Dubbed both “sex and art” by Wired magazine, the 3x3x2 Pano cube consumes just 3 percent of the power that an average PC requires and just 4 percent of the materials.
“We were thrilled to see the spotlight land on the Pano Device and its contribution to a more sustainable workplace,” said Dan Harden, President of Whipsaw Inc. “The Pano Logic zero client represents every virtue of green design, including minimal simplicity, very low energy consumption, and the use of readily available and sustainable materials for its manufacture.”
“The move from traditional PCs and thin clients to zero client computing slashes energy consumption, and our customers are finding huge savings in power use alongside the benefits of managing a far less complex computing environment,” said John Kish, CEO of Pano Logic. “We’re pleased by the recognition that our Pano Device contributes to a more sustainable future and validation of its eco-friendly design.”
About Pano Logic Zero Client Computing:
• Pano Logic solves major problems created by distributed PCs, limited terminal services, and repurposed thin clients or related architectures, while providing end users with the best possible user experience, and IT managers with a simple, open hypervisor-agnostic platform to deliver desktop computing.
• End users connect to their virtual machine via a zero client that contains no processor, no operating system, no memory, no drivers, no firmware, no software and no moving parts. This represents a major paradigm shift away from highly complex and costly PC and thin client architectures.
• Pano Logic’s patent-pending technology, Pano Direct, simplifies a very complex desktop computing environment by virtually stretching the I/O connection over the network enabling the desktop virtual machine to deliver a native Windows desktop, eliminating the need for costly, failure-prone protocols.
• Radical centralization using the Pano Logic zero client platform drastically reduces computing TCO by as much as 80 percent by completely eliminating endpoint management and security risks, and reducing energy consumption by as much as 95%. As a result, companies adopting it can tackle both budgetary and green IT initiatives.
• The Pano zero client platform delivers on the promise of cloud computing by opening the way for a PC-like user experiences on endpoints that are completely independent of processor architectures, protocol limitations, and unmanageable software stacks.
The Pano System is a complete end-to end virtual desktop solution which includes the Pano Manager, a virtual machine manager and connection broker, the unique Pano Device zero client endpoint hardware, and Pano Direct, providing the connection to completely centralized virtual desktops. The Pano System starts a $319 per seat.
Whipsaw is an industrial design and product development consulting firm in the Silicon Valley. Whipsaw creates highly successful, award-winning products across the consumer, medical, & business product categories. Whipsaw has demonstrated a keen ability to "break through the noise" with design solutions that are beautiful, functional, unique, appropriate, lasting, and simple. Whipsaw's clients range from start-ups to large international corporations, and include Acer, Adiri, Cisco, Colgate, Creative Labs, IGT, Intel, Leapfrog, Nokia, Pioneer, Plantronics, Thomson, Topcon, Virgin, and many more. Along with Pano Logic, Whipsaw also won red dot awards this year for the design of Eton field radios, the Adiri baby bottle, and the Intel Mobile Clinical Assistant. For more information about Whipsaw please visit www.Whipsawinc.com.
About Pano Logic
Pano Logic is the leader in Zero Client Desktop Computing. Pano Logic's all-in-one hardware and software solution redefines the delivery and management of end user computing by radically centralizing desktop management. The Pano Logic zero client platform is a complete end-to-end solution purpose-built for desktop virtualization, simplifying the complexity and management of virtual desktops and slashing TCO by as much as 80 percent. The patent-pending Pano Direct technology eliminates the need for costly processing power at the endpoint, making it possible to have an endpoint device that contains NO processor, NO operating system, NO memory, NO drivers, NO firmware, NO software, NOR any moving parts, completely eliminating endpoint management and security breaches. The Pano Device uses less energy than a light bulb, or 97 percent less than a PC, drastically reducing energy costs for organizations and companies worldwide. To learn more, visit http://www.panologic.com