Key benefits from the G2M Pano Zero Client include:
- Efficient: the Pano G2M Zero Client uses only 6 watts maximum and less than .2 watts when in sleep mode. Pano Zero Clients not only help you reduce the total cost of ownership for desktop computing - they also reduce your carbon footprint by conserving electricity, both directly consumed and used for air conditioning, using as little as 5% of the energy consumed by even an EnergyStar certified desktop PC.
- Secure: Pano Zero Clients are also stateless – they do not store anything at all about the user, the cloud desktop, or any data used by it. This provides both enhanced security, and increased productivity, since no configuration is ever required.
- Productive: Pano Zero Clients save you time by never waiting during lengthy client OS boot times. You can immediately resume work with a fresh cloud desktop as soon as you turn it on. And IT productivity is also boosted by the configuration-free Zero Clients allowing anyone to replace a zero client in the field with no configuration or setup required at the user's desk.
Technical specifications for the Pano Zero Client:
- Pano Button: top-mounted single button interface to restart Pano cloud desktop session, with three colors to indicate network connection status
- Video Display Output: single monitor only, DVI-I type video port supporting VGA analog video via included DVI-VGA adapter
- Networking: 10/100 Base-T Fast Ethernet twisted pair (RJ-45)
- Analog Audio Output: Internal speaker and 3.5mm iPhone compatible TRRS jack on front
- USB Ports: Four USB 2.0 ports on rear
- Power Usage: maximum power usage with keyboard/mouse connected is 6 watts, dropping to 0.2 watts or less in sleep mode
- Power Adapter: worldwide auto-sensing 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 5 VDC, 3 Amp Max, includes region-specific AC plug.
- Dimensions: Height: 29mm (1.14”), Width: 118mm (4.65”), Depth: 90mm (3.54”) including DVI connector
- Temperature/Humidity Range: 50º to 104º F (10º to 40º C), 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Weight: 200 grams
- Regulatory Compliance: FCC Class B, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: Three-year limited warranty on hardware
Unlike thin clients which basically replicate the architecture of PCs - with a CPU, RAM, storage and a client operating system - Panos are true zero client and work by virtualizing the system bus across the LAN from server to desktop. This eliminates the duplication of management, security risks, and license costs that burden thin client architectures.
Connecting using our Pano Direct Protocol, designed specifically for zero clients, Pano Zero Clients also leverage your DHCP servers for discovery of Pano Controller for Cloud servers, making it easy to integrate them into your existing LAN and security management infrastructure.
For more on how a true zero client is designed, please download the Zero Client Reference Architecture.