Key benefits from the Pano G2 Zero Client include:
- Efficient: a Pano Zero Client using only 6.5 watts with dual monitors connected and less than .2 watts when in sleep mode. Pano G2 Zero Clients not only help you cut the costs of hardware and IT support - they also conserve electricity, using as little as 5% of the energy consumed by even an EnergyStar certified desktop PC.
- Secure: Pano Zero Clients are also stateless – in other words, they do not store anything at all about the user, the desktop virtual machine, or any data used by it. This provides both enhanced security, since they never contain data that might be lost or stolen, and productivity benefits, since no configuration is ever required.
- Productive: Pano Zero Clients save you time by never needing to boot up. You can immediately resume work with the same set of open applications and files – for example when moving from your office to a conference room to make a presentation or when finishing up work at home in the evening using Pano Remote.
Technical specifications for the Pano G2 Zero Client:
- Finishes: available in both matte black and original chrome finishes
- Warranty: Three-year limited warranty
- I/O Ports: Four USB 2.0 ports
- Video Display Output: Primary DVI or VGA monitor, secondary DVI monitor with optional Dual Monitor cable
- Networking: 10/100 Base-T Fast Ethernet twisted pair (RJ-45)
- Analog Audio: Internal speaker and 3.5mm iPhone compatible TRRS jack
- Regulatory Compliance: RF Interference: FCC Class A, CE, RoHS Compliant
- Power Adapter: Worldwide auto-sensing 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Requirements: With USB keyboard, mouse, and dual monitors attached is 6.5 watts, sleep state is <0.2 watts
- Temperature Range: 50º to 104º F (10º to 40º C)
- Humidity: 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Dimensions: H: 2.00” / 51.0mm,W: 3.50” / 88.8mm, D: 3.50” / 88.8mm
- Weight: 1.1 lbs. / 500 grams
- Lock Slot: compatible with some Kensington Security Slot lock kits (see online help for details)
Unlike thin clients which basically replicate the architecture of PCs - with a CPU, RAM, storage and a client operating system - Panos are true zero client and work by virtualizing the system bus. This eliminates the duplication of management, security risks, and license costs that burden thin client architectures.
Connecting using the purpose-built Pano Direct Protocol over standard UDP protocols on your Ethernet LAN, Pano Zero Clients also leverage your DHCP and Directory Services servers, making it easy to integrate them into your existing LAN and security management infrastructure.
The clean and functional design of the Pano was created by Whipsaw (www.whipsaw.com)
, one of the world's leading industrial design firms, helping it fit into modern office and public environments unlike bulky PCs.