Key benefits from the Pano Virtual Client include:
- Simple: Pano Virtual Client provides an easily managed and highly efficient software client for Windows XP and 7 computers, letting you rapidly deploy it via Active Directory to a select subset of users and computers.
- Secure: Pano Virtual Client keeps all processing and storage of confidential data on centralized Pano System servers where it can be protected from data leakage and theft.
- Productive: Pano Virtual Clients save IT and Help Desk resources by leaving the local Windows desktop in place, letting authorized users quickly switch back to it in seconds if needed.
- Flexible: Users can roam their Pano virtual desktop sessions between Pano Virtual Clients, Pano Zero Clients, and even Pano Remote sessions - getting the same secure, high-performance desktop access no matter where they are working.
Requirements for Pano Virtual Client host PCs:
- Windows OS: Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit or Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit (all editions)
- CPU: dual-core Intel or AMD CPU
- RAM: 1 GB or more
- Hard Drive: 1 GB free space
- Video Display Output: up to two monitors as supported by the host PC’s graphics hardware
- Networking: on active100 Mbps Ethernet wired or faster
- USB Device Support: when running in SHell Mode to a virtual desktop it supports all standard USB devices supported by G2 Pano Zero Clients except for isochronous devices (USB webcams, speakers, microphones, and headsets). When running in Application Mode only USB keyboards and mice are supported.
Pano Virtual Client leverage both the broad hardware support of Microsoft Windows XP or 7 and your existing networking infrastructure in your Microsoft Active Directory servers.
Unlike thin clients which typically run either proprietary and closed Linux distributions or stripped down embedded Windows versions that can cause never-ending driver support problems, Pano Virtual Client was built to work on any Window XP or 7-based business-class desktop PC from the last 5 years.
It can be installed either as an alternate shell for Windows or as a regular Windows application - in either case it won't disable or overwrite the existing Windows desktop. When running in Shell Mode, the Virtual Client software locks down the host PC, allowing to be used only as a Pano endpoint. While in Application Mode users can easily switch to the local Windows desktop in just seconds.
Like Pano Zero Clients, the Pano Virtual Client connects to Pano Controller and your desktop virtual machines using the purpose-built Pano Direct Protocol over standard UDP protocols on your Ethernet LAN, Pano Zero Clients also leverage your DNS and Directory Services servers, making it easy to deploy, discover, and update them without requiring any desk-side support visits.