Anytime, Anywhere Access to Pano Virtual Desktops
Pano Remote provides Pano for VDI users with remote access from a remote location over a wide-area-network like the Internet. A secure USB key lets users easily access their Pano virtual desktops when they are away from the office, whether working in the evening or when traveling.
Pano Remote can also help you inexpensively extend your Pano virtual desktop deployment to larger populations of transient users, such as guest users, users needing limited and intermittent access to a virtual desktop, or mobile temporary workers, without requiring you to provide them with a Pano device to take with them. Anywhere and anytime they can find a Windows PC with a network connection, they can use their Pano virtual desktop.
Pano Remote is delivered already installed on a secure USB key and can be used with any laptop or desktop computer running Microsoft Windows XP, 7 or Vista.
The Pano Direct service has the following benefits and requirements:
- Cost effective and simple approach to extend the reach of your Pano virtual desktops
- Can be used on any Windows computer without installing software or leaving any trace
- Access multiple virtual desktops letting remote users easily reach different operating systems, configurations, and application sets
- Managed within Pano Controller for VDI allowing detailed provisioning and security control over both new and legacy Pano Remote keys on External (WAN) and Internal (LAN) networks, including control over redirected local clipboards, printers, drives and even display depth
- Can remotely disable Pano Remote Keys from Pano Controller Clients tab
- Secures access from WANs and Internet without VPN software/hardware using Pano Gateway running in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 on your DMZ network
- No other software required for local intranet access to Pano virtual desktops
- Leverages standard secure protocols including RDP via HTTPS/Secure Sockets Layer
- Pano Remote USB Key – a secure serialized USB key preinstalled with the Pano Remote client software.Each key carries a unique serial number that allows the key to be activated or disabled from within the Pano Manage Remote Clients tab. Pano Remote is delivered already installed on a secure USB key and can be used with Microsoft Windows XP, 7 or Vista on the hosting desktop computer
- Pano Gateway – a plug-in installed into a Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services server providing a secure gateway connecting an external Pano Remote user to their desktop virtual machine. Pano Gateway is usually run on a separate Windows Server running in an isolated DMZ network.
For customers that either do not want to use a Windows gateway or would like to extend virtual desktop access to non-windows devices we have OneGate. OneGate works in conjunction with our Pano VDI solution to deliver a highly efficient and secure desktop access solution to enterprises. OneGate enables secure remote access with single sign-on allowing users to connect via PC, tablets and smartphones.