All the Pano Logic and VMware software and licenses you need are included - all completely preinstalled and ready to run. Pano Manager and vCenter Server provide desktop virtual machine (DVM) management tools, running on the VMware vSphere 5 ESXi industry-standard hypervisor.
Key components of Pano Express for Education include:
- 30 Pano System 5.0 seats with black Pano Zero Clients
- HP DL360 G7 server with dual Intel E5645 2.4 GHz CPUs (each six-core with hyperthreading and 12 MB L3 cache), 72 GB RAM, and eight internal 300 GB 10K rpm 2.5” SAS hard drives which are configured in a single RAID5 volume.
- VMware vSphere 5 Essentials includes vSphere ESXi, vCenter Server for Essentials, vCenter Agent and Update Manager. The VMware ESX hypervisor included in the Essentials suite is preinstalled on an internal USB drive and boots automatically when the Pano Express server is powered on..
- Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machine to host vCenter Server, the desktop virtual machine management tool from the vSphere Essentials suite, preinstalled on the server's RAID5 volume.
And to keep you up and running the following support and maintenance services are included:
- The first year of Pano System Maintenance and continuing access to online Basic Support resources. Premium Subscription and Per Incident support must be purchased separately.
- 3 year limited hardware warranty on the Pano Zero Clients
- One year subscription to updates for VMware vSphere Essentials
Key benefits of the Pano Express for Education include:
- Lowest purchase cost per seat for any true zero client virtual desktop solution at just $699 per seat, costing a fraction of the true cost of other VDI solutions. Pano Express also saves you the services costs, IT staff resources and potential delays that a custom configuration and installation effort can involve.
- Everything needed for a full production VDI deployment based on best of breed virtualization software and server hardware - just add your own network, Microsoft VDA licenses, displays, keyboards and mice. No need to worry about delays from configuring hardware or missing key components at the last minute.
- Optimized performance, right out of the box because we’ve tuned and tested the integrated hardware and software, leveraging a broad base of VDI experience and best-practices along with with Intel's cutting-edge support for virtualization in the Westmere CPU architecture, potentially saving you weeks tweaking and tuning to optimize everything.
For more detailed information please check the following resources: