Features of the Pano System supporting virtual desktops for services companies include:
- Centralized management of Pano virtual desktops simplifies patch and update cycles, letting you by run updates after hours when it will have little impact on employee productivity.
- Mobile access to virtual desktops, allowing employees to securely connect to their desktop from any client office or remote work location using Pano Remote.
- Multiple choices for Branch or Remote Office deployments using centrally located servers with Pano Zero Clients and Pano Remote or on premises equipment with Pano Express for Remote Offices
- Storage-free Pano Zero Clients and Pano Remote ensure that client data is never inadvertently transferred between work sites.
- Flexible desktop provisioning allows your employees to access virtual desktop tailored to the needs of specific clients, engagements, or work locations. Each desktop virtual machine can be customized with specific settings, productivity applications.
Benefits from Pano System virtual desktops for services organizations include:
- Anywhere, anytime access to virtual desktops with Pano Remote and Pano Gateway providing staff with critical computing resources and information no matter if they're working in the office or at a customer site.
- Up to 70% lower TCO from higher support and IT productivity, lower energy consumption, greater endpoint lifespans and better leverage of investments in hardware and software upgrades.
- Eliminates risk of data loss in the office and in the field with storage free Pano Zero Clients, ensuring that confidential client data isn't at risk, preventing the legal liability and brand damage of loss disclosures.
- Stop interruptions to productivity from lengthy reboot and resume cycles - with every login to your Pano virtual desktops, you're back at your desktop with all open applications and files still in place.
- Reduce unplanned downtime for staff and clients with centralized control over desktop recovery, patching and updates.
Pano System zero client virtual desktop help legal and technology services companies ensure compliance with the following regulations and guidelines:
- PCI - Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards defines information security standards for enterprise hardware, software, processes and policies to protect for client billing credit card records.
- SOX - Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002 for financial and business records of publicly traded firms, ensuring adequate controls over financial reporting and disclosure.
- Records Retention - internal company polices for records retention, archiving and destruction supported by storage-free Pano Zero Clients, ensuring that no local or off-site copies of records exist outside of records retention policy enforcement.
Mid-Maine Communications & Pine Tree Networks realized a 65 percent savings in operational expenses, including a 30 percent (conservative estimate) reduction in end user support time by transferring just 36 users from PCs or laptops to Pano Logic virtual desktops. The first to go? The laptops for traveling technicians, who now carry with them just a Pano Remote device, enabling them to connect to their virtual desktop from any Internet-enabled PC. Read More
Winthrop & Weinstine, a full-service law firm in Minneapolis-St. Paul, deployed Pano Logic virtual desktops, primarily in its accounting, IT and human resources departments and estimates it’s saving $10,000 per year from its energy bill while increasing productivity for staff with greater computing uptime. The attorneys who were early adopters reported faster performance opening files and applications and estimated they now have an additional 30 minutes per day in productivity. Read More